Change the File Format of Fax Attachments Sent via Email
You can choose to have faxes delivered in one of three different file formats:
- PDF, which can be viewed with the Adobe Reader software
- EFX, which can be viewed through your eFax Messenger® software
- TIFF, which supports multi-page images and can be opened in many programs, including Imaging (the default Windows TIFF viewer) and eFax Messenger
To Change Your Fax File Format
- Log in to eFax MyAccount.
- Click Update Account.
- On the Preferences tab, in the Receive Fax Options section, click Edit.
- From the Fax File Format list, choose the format in which to receive faxes: EFX, TIFF, or PDF.
- Click Update.
Note: This change will only affect faxes received after the new file format is selected. Faxes received prior to this change will remain unchanged.